The Fort Atkinson Community Foundation offers a variety of scholarships for students who live in Fort Atkinson and/or graduated from Fort Atkinson High School. Some scholarships have multiple recipients and are paid over a number of years. There were two application deadlines in 2021 – February 1st and April 1st – depending on the scholarship. We are no longer accepting applications for the 2021 scholarship season.
In the spring of 2020, the Fort Atkinson Community Foundation awarded 114 scholarships to 85 students. Of those 85 students, 53 were high school seniors, 15 were undergraduates, 15 were graduate students, and 2 were returning voc tech students. The total amount awarded was a hefty $382,100. Learn more about our our 2020 recipients here.
To learn if you are eligible for any of our scholarships, please review the specific criteria for each scholarship. You can access a complete listing of all our scholarships or search by whether you are a high school senior, considering a vocational or technical school, a college undergraduate or a graduate student.
Once you determine the scholarships for which you are eligible, go to To Apply on the scholarship drop down box and start the application process. Fort Scholarships, our online application site, is now closed. It will reopen in November 2021 for the 2022 scholarship season.
For the purposes of our scholarships:
- A Fort Atkinson High School graduate is defined as a person who has completed at least four consecutive semesters at Fort Atkinson High School, culminating in graduation from high school after the fourth semester.
- A resident of the Fort Atkinson area is defined as someone having a Fort Atkinson mailing address or who resides in the Fort Atkinson School District.
- All selections made by the various scholarship screening committees must be approved by the Fort Atkinson Community Foundation’s Board of Directors.
- Those awarded scholarships will receive a formal letter from the Community Foundation with details of how the scholarship will be paid and what the recipients need to do to receive the funds.
- All scholarships are paid directly to the school, college or university the student is attending. Payments are generally made in the months of January and August.
Learn about additional scholarships opportunities at Fort Atkinson High School’s scholarship webpage.