Who may apply:
- Applicants must be non-profit, tax-exempt organizations that serve a public purpose.
- The grant application must be approved and signed by a supervisor, when applicable. For example, a request involving the local school district or its students must be approved by a building principal or the school district’s superintendent. Requests from city departments must be approved and signed by the city manager.
Purposes for which funds may be requested:
- Projects should be for educational, cultural, charitable or benevolent purposes that will benefit and improve
the Fort Atkinson community.
- Projects should be creative, innovative and address community needs.
- Projects are expected to be accomplished within a specific period of time, generally not more than one year.
Community Grants typically are NOT awarded:
- To support operating or on-going expenses of organizations
- To pay wages or salaries
- In response to annual drives, to eliminate previously incurred deficits or expenses or for debt retirement
- To endowment funds
- For religious or sectarian purposes
- To individuals, other than through awards or pre-established scholarship funds
- For lobbying, partisan political purposes or campaigns